Tin Roof 3 colimn

Friday, January 21, 2011

Overnight Caramel Rolls, huge success!

Oh yes, and I also love to cook!  Tried a new recipe last night that is a deffinate keeper.  Overnight Caramel Rolls were so easy and sooooo good, I will deffinately add them to my collection!  Here's the recipe, enjoy!

Overnight Caramel Rolls

Butter well an Angel Food or Bundt cake pan

Into pan sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans(more or less to you liking)

One loaf of frozen bread dough, thawed.  Using kitchen shears split loaf lengthwise, then cut each side into 8-10 pieces.  Place these into the pan.

Sprinkle over rolls one box of  dry Butterscotch pudding mix (the cook and serve type-NOT instant)

Melt 1 stick butter, add to this 3/4 cup of brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon, mix well.  Pour over rolls.

Butter a heavy plate, place on top of cake pan, set in cold oven, leave overnight.

In the morning, remove plate, turn oven on to 350 degrees and bake for about 25 minutes.

Remove from oven, let sit to cool the gooey stuff for 10-15 minutes then place buttered plate back on top and turn rolls out onto plate.  Enjoy!


These were really yummy on this cold morning!   This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to tell everyone that I am not afraid to substitute ingredients in a recipe! When I made these rolls last night I didn't have the Butterscotch pudding(cook & serve), I did have Coconut Cream, so that is what I used and it was delicious! I am also wondering what Chocolate would be like in them...

    ReplyDelete